Thursday, November 12, 2009

Today's Webinar on NGOs Using Video for Social Change

Wow. That was intense. Today I spoke into my computer screen for one hour about how NGOs can create powerful video. I was a little more nervous about it beforehand - I've not done a webinar before and I do best with the energy of a crowd. But I think this first one with oneworld.net went fine and it did help me define and articulate how NGOs and video intersect.

Click here for the audio podcast of today's oneworld.net webinar.

Click here for the oneworld.net description of the podcast.

Below is my powerpoint (actually keynote). Does anyone know how to import this more elegantly into blogger?





Here's the oneworld.net description of the event:

Online video is a powerful medium for communicating about your issues. However, organizations need to overcome a few hurdles to get started and continue online video projects on a regular basis. You don't need a large budget to start, but you do need to get the basics right to create effective online videos.

Paulette Moore, Filmmaker, Journalist & NGO Consultant, will talk about how your organization can get started with video. She will talk about the tools you need, training required for staff and different types of video content you can produce.

No comments: